<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday, November 06, 2003
Thoughts for today....
I was feeling in a "writing" mood this morning on my drive to work... but have not had time until now...they need to invent a dictaphone that I can speak into, and automatically download to this page - that would be clever wouldn't it!
I was thinking on my drive to work how beautiful the autumn colours are this year... I go down Rowtown, round W Byfleet, via Old Woking & Send before getting onto the A3 for Guildford... there are so many trees and they are just beautiful with their different colours... on one section of the A3 they alternate perfectly: green, yellow, orange, green, yellow, orange... do you think the person who planted them did that on purpose? That would have been very clever indeed, but somehow I suspect not!
My beautiful drive to work was slightly tainted by my current Air Freshner Trauma.... earlier in the summer, during the hot spell, I left my sunroof open ajar overnight, and it rained - that summer, thundery, really big rain-drop rain.... and I ended up with a slightly soggy car..... that combined with the fact that I've not cleaned it in a while means it needs a little help in the air freshening department.... so when in the garage the other day I bought one... now I know most of them smell horrid and over powering, so I stuck clear of ones I knew I'd hate and chose "pine"..... Have you ever used one of the tree shaped air freshners? You cut the pack open and only pull it out a little.... day 1 I followed the instructions..... no difference, so day 2 I pulled it out a bit further.... 2 days later it was becoming over powering so I've thrown it in the bin.... that was about 3 days ago, and I'm sure the smell is getting stronger! Whilst pine initially sounded like a good safe choice, I have now been reminded that Pine is often a fragrance used in toilet cleaners.... so opening my car door each morning reminds me of toilets.... nice - NOT!! Anyway, I was pleased to hear this morning when I woke up that Scott Mills on Radio 1 has done exactly the same thing, except he took the whole wrapper off and now can't even sit in his car it smells so much!!

Yesterday I went dancing for the first time since my foot op.... I've been having withdrawl symptoms and also think that last night was the last Jive I could make.... I couldn't get into my Jive shoes, so had to dance in ballet shoes, which was quite interesting, particularly as they have no elastic straps on them, and didn't want to stay on my feet!! I had a fab time, managed to dance all evening without being knocked by anyone... but my foot had had enough by the end.....

Just to change the subject totally, most of Guildford's fire engines, police cars & ambulances have been whizzing past our building in the last 5 minutes.... we think a lorry's turned over a bit further up the A3, so if you were about to head in that direction, don't! There.... a free public information service too, what more could you want from this site!!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?