<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Balloon-tastic!!

Having forgot about rescheduling the balloon flight, we kept seeing them, and the other night as we were sat indoors having just finished dinner, I heard this noise, and thought - a balloon! - as I looked out of the window it came right over the top of the house! We knew it was going to be a nice morning the following day, so jumped on our bikes and tried to follow it to the landing spot, in the hope of speaking to the pilots, but it had a destinct speed advantage on us, despite looking like it was about to land! So instead we did the conventional thing and phoned them the next day - and we arranged our flight for yesterday evening, Wed 18th May. We took off a few kms from our house, and flew above Chenonceaux Chateau, a very impressive sight indeed. The wind was quite light, so our hour long trip didn't take us too far, but it was a lovely evening, with a light haze, and we floated up and down, eventually landing in a small field, much to the delight of the young children playing in their back garden only feet away from us! I would email out photos, but I took rather a lot, and I think it would overload my email and yours, but at some point when I in the Uk, if you want to be bored by the photos, please ask!!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?