<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Monday, June 06, 2005
Just another manic Monday....
Well, not to start with it wasn’t! Gerwyn had a lie in whilst I was woken up by the bin men at 6am (you see you just can’t escape them anywhere!!) and then had to contend with my stomach complaining about goodness knows what (probably too much rich food and wine!) for the next couple of hours, before eventually getting out of bed! We then headed out on the hunt for a new hotel for next year, and found this really quaint one the far side of Vouvray, but perhaps a little bit too far away – we got enough info to report back to HQ, so job done! And then this afternoon was spent doing a few jobs, reading and snoozing, and then loitering for the manic rush that is about to hit: we have 14 people arriving this evening, almost all self-drivers, meaning we have no control over, or idea when they will arrive. And the reason that is hassle is that we have to brief them all tomorrow morning at 9am – so really wanted to get 1 briefing done tonight, as trying to split the 2 of us between 3 places will frankly be messy and painful!! So once all of one tour’s guests had finally arrived, Gerwyn went to brief them, but before he could do the puncture demo and give out bikes, a thunderstorm had positioned itself directly above us, and the heavens opened and remained that way for a good hour or so!! Thus meaning we still have to divide our time between 3 places tomorrow morning!

Reading corner:
Well, I finished Zane Radcliffe’s The Killer’s Guide to Iceland. I’ve read other books by him: London Irish and Big Jessie – I really enjoyed those 2 but I seemed to be over half way into the latest book before I actually started to enjoy it and find it difficult to put down… maybe it was all those weird Icelandic words that just made it more difficult to get into? But nevertheless, a pleasant enough way to while away a few hours. I am now reading The Cutting Edge of Barney Thomson by Douglas Lindsay – I didn’t read the first one (The long midnight of Barney Thomson) which Gerwyn has at home in Swindon, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference, and I’ve had to tear myself away from that to write this!! So I’ll leave you and get back to the book and let you know what I think once I’ve finished it!!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?