<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Reading corner:
Well, it’s been just under a week since I last wrote, and that’s partly because I’ve been devouring books! I quickly finished The Cutting Edge of Barney Thomson, which I really enjoyed, and have also read All fun and games, until someone looses and eye, by Christopher Brookmyre – and again really enjoyed that! There’s a few more books left in the house, and Gerwyn has placed an order for some new stuff with Amazon, so I think we’ll be able to open a library by the end of the summer!!

We must be getting old…
As Tuesday was a major bags run day, Gerwyn suggested we treat ourselves to a MacDonalds for lunch, as the Amboise one was conveniently situated for this. We sat outside to eat our burgers, but after we’d finished we both agreed that it wasn’t quite as good as we remembered it, and in fact we’d have much rather had our usual lunch of baguette, salad, ham etc !! We must be getting old if we’re going off MacDonalds!!

Tuna & Chickpea patties

One of the recipe books Kate got me for my birthday has a lovely recipe for tuna and chickpea patties – the only thing is they don’t stick together!! Not surprising really, as the only liquid in the recipe is lemon juice. But despite my efforts to bind the mixture with egg and flour, they still fell apart the minute you waved the slice at them….. Will have to figure out how to rectify this, as they were quite tasty! And suggestions welcomed!! (Sorry, you’ll have to email me as I’ve still not got round to working out how to get Comments on my blog! – Any help on that would be appreciated too!!)

Perfecting the art of pottering….
Have been trying to think of anything exciting I’ve been doing over the last few days to tell you about, but really it’s all been pretty mundane stuff: meeting guests, moving bags, going to the boulangerie for bread and the occasional croissant (almond chocolate ones being my favourite!) So it seems that we have been perfecting the art of pottering! As you will have gathered, we spend quite a bit of time reading (although Gerwyn’s post lunch read usually turns into a post lunch nap!) It’s too hot after lunch to be outside working on bikes. We’re also brushing up on our scrabble skills, courtesy of the travel scrabble that Kate got me for Xmas, but last night’s game was a bit frustrating as Gerwyn insisted on picking all the consonants, whilst I repeatedly picked the vowels! I may soon start insisting on including French words, to help Gerwyn increase his vocabulary of course, but also it is a much easier way of getting rid of your last few letters (je, me, tu, te, se, il, lui, sa…need I go on??)

A new fragrance: Eau de WD Spirit
Whilst Gerwyn was taking guests to the train station this morning, I spent my time working on a new perfume – a combination of WD 40 and White Spirit – a little overpowering I’ll admit, but unlike many perfumes, the fragrance doesn’t disappear 5 minutes after you’ve put it on…. In fact quite the opposite… once you get a whiff that’s all you can smell for the rest of the day!!
The outcome of my perfume research may not have been that successful, but I do now have half a dozen bikes that are ready to be used!

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?