<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Happy 2006!
Well it's February already, so I thought I'd better post an update....I'm now starting to get settled into Chichester (or Chi as us locals call it!), and more importantly am in the flat with Laura! Eric finally left at 5pm on Thursday 5th Feb and I just had time to move my bags in before heading off to Val D'Isere for a week's skiing on the Friday... whilst I was away mum, dad & laura worked wonders, repainting my room, and getting a carpet ordered and fitted, and having placed a rushed order on the Thursday night for a bed, chair & bookcase, these also arrived before I got back from skiing!!
Things in the flat are starting to fall into place, and this coming week mum & dad are back to help Laura re-decorate her room - I will try to help, but will be at work, so will probably provide more moral support and cups of tea!!
Tonight, Laura's new computer table arrived courtesy of Argos - it's quite a funky glass desk! Laura and I are getting quite good at putting flat packed stuff together!!

I've started a Lindy Hop class on Tuesday's - this is fun, but really challenging: as I joined the group late I have to be a leader (ie the man!), so not only am I trying to learn new moves (footwork & counting required) but also having to lead and think about what move comes next... am really starting to empathise with the blokes - it's not that easy!! I've also found a few places for Modern & Swing Jive so that usually occupies my Wed & Fri evenings.
And as I have the luxury of a 2 minute walk to work, combined with a 9-5 job, I have even started going for the occasional jog first thing!!

I've got really excited about The Wheel of the Year Photo project. Basically, you chose 12 things to photograph: yourself, a plant, your street, your dinner, the newspaper - and you take a picture of each of these 12 things on the 1st day of each month for a year - and then at the end you will have a record of the changes! There is a direct link to my photos on my blog....

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?